Wednesday, February 24, 2010

New Ideas.

I've come up with a new idea, or a goal maybe. I want to cook a new meal that I've never cooked EVERY week! Ahh, it will be hard and it will be expensive but it will definitely help me on my road to domestication! I'm going to start with recipes out of the cookbook Matthew made for me (It has recipes from my mom, grandmother, mammaw, and mimmie and his mom and grandmother). I'm so excited to start filling up my cabinet with different spices and ingredients. If you have any good (fairly easy- but I do enjoy a challenge) recipes I would love some ideas! Friday I'm cooking Poppy Seed Chicken, although that won't be a first- but it's one of me and Matthew's favorites! So, look out for updates about FOOD in the near future. I'll be sharing my failures and triumphs! :)

On a lighter note, the Olympics are almost over. Closing Ceremonies are on Sunday night :( I'm trying to soak it all in before then! Dad told
me he was glad it would be ending soon, and I asked why. He said, "So then I won't have to watch it!" Am I my father's daughter or what?!
Hmm, just real quick... Scott showed us this in sunday school this past week and I thought it was so funny. You know the saying "a little birdie told me?" Well, that actually came from the Bible. In Ecclesiastes 10:20 it says
"Do not revile the king even in your thoughts,
or curse the rich in your bedroom,
because a bird of the air may carry your words,
and a bird on the wing may report what you say."

(This picture is from a bird cage at a couples house I stayed at for Venture last year.)

(And this is me and Elizabeth in the cage. Yeah, you could say they liked birds.)

No comments:

Post a Comment