Sunday, January 22, 2012

2012.

I realize this is a late post, but I wanted an update about our "New Years Resolutions"

I put that in quotes because we aren't much of resolution people. Being the wife that I am, I sat Matthew down to figure out some goals for this year. I loved it, I thought it was great to look ahead to the whole year and seriously think about what we wanted to do and have done in 2012.

That's one of the special things about being married- it's not just goals for Summer, it's for the Watfords! Our goals included personal and shared tasks. I won't go in to much detail but I wanted to share a few of them with you.

First of all... I'm an out to eat junkie. Give me some fast food Chinese or Chickfila and I'm a happy girl. This is neither healthy or money conscious. So we thought what would work best for us is to only eat out once a week. This is extremely difficult for me!! So far we have done a good job. It's crazy though planning because a lot of things we do/people we hang out with like to go out to eat. Success so far.

Another one, since we are doing our best to save money every month, is that every other month me and Matthew will switch back and forth to plan a date night. If you want it to include dinner, that's fine- but it's the one time for the week. I like it because it gives me a chance to plan something fun for us to do. Typically thats the guys job while we are supposed to cook and clean for them :) Looking forward to 12 wonderful dates in 2012!

So there are more but I will leave it at this. Looking forward to spending 2012 striving to accomplish our goals. What a great feeling that will be!

1 comment:

  1. We had to cut back significantly on going out to eat too! One of our favorite things is having a date night where we plan a meal & cook together. Hope your having a great week Summer!

    alovelymist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete