Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Relaxed Life.

Yeah, I'm living some kind of relaxed life right now. Unemployed and done with school, it's a weird feeling... I'm trying to enjoy it because I know it will be short lived, but I'm also trying to get the ball rolling on job hunting, wedding planning, and more!

First off, it's been completely too long since I last cooked. So, while on the airplane to Cali I watched Rachel Ray and fell head over heels for a recipe I wanted to try! It's called Ginger-garlic fish in parchment paper! For the first time I didn't follow the recipe to a "t"... I decided to put my own spin on it. I switched out green beans for the scallions and mushrooms, and used tilapia instead of sea bass. The green beans were ridiculously undercooked, but the flavoring overall was good! I had to cook it a lot longer than the time she gave to get it cooked all the way though! But still, pretty easy for the big taste!


See it was really cute wrapped up in the little parchment paper bag... could be super cute at a dinner party :)

Besides that I have really chilled since getting back from California... I did finish up two cover letters/letters of interest for two jobs I'm applying for. I also worked on a design I'm working on for one of the Watford's friends. It's in a really rough stage right now, but definitely has potential!!

This weekend Matthew had to work on Friday til close so I got some time to catch up with Jean! That was nice, I've missed our girl talks! We could just talk for hours... it's ridiculous! Saturday me and Matthew decided to have a complete chill day. He needed it after doing school and working so much!

We spent some quality time at Target just browsing through things that we may potentially want to register for! HA Then we got the opportunity to break out Matthew's birthday present (his grill!) for the first time!!! It was so fun and he grilled some perfect burgers! We got to enjoy the evening with Matthew's good friends from high school Paul and Ethan and their girlfriends Allison and Rachael! We enjoyed dinner then played some nerts (I'm newly obsessed!!) and went for a walk on campus!! :)

Ready to continue my exciting life tomorrow. Waking early and getting the ball rolling. I'll leave you with a quote from Bro. Al today! I loved it!!

"You don't fall in love, you fall in a hole and you don't fall out of love, you fall out of a tree!" -Bro. Al

So, love grows... and people quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment