Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving.

I'm really so glad there is a time of year to make you think of all you have to be thankful. I know that I personally often say, "I am blessed and so thankful," but I rarely spend time of all that the Lord has blessed me and my family with. He is truly good. 

This year was Cameron's first Thanksgiving... just to make it a little more special. I'm extremely thankful for my little turkey and his crazy self! He has blessed me these past 11 months in more ways than I could have ever thought. 
I was happy this year to head to Birmingham on Wednesday afternoon to spend the evening and night with the Watford family. It's always nice to be able to see both sides of the family during holiday time! Thursday morning we loaded up and headed for Auburn to meet up with the whole extended Thaxton family as well as Grandmother, Grandaddy, and Allen on the Martin side. 
We spent the afternoon and evening at Mammaw's, just soaking in some fun family time! Cameron loves to be around everyone once he gets warmed up! 




{Daddy didn't feel well and just chilled all day! Silly sinus'}
I had to get some special "first Thanksgiving" pictures of my little turkey! 





I talked everyone in to having everyone sit together for dinner. We usually split between the two rooms but I really wanted everyone to be together. Although we had little elbow room it was well worth it! 


After dinner we played a silly game of White Elephant. It was so entertaining! Instead of buying individual gifts we decided to have everyone bring something funny that they already had at home. Turned out great :) I was pretty proud that our gift was the first gift to retire (An Auburn gnome!). I ended up with a Wacky Waker... an alarm clock that quacks like a duck!


After the game Cameron's awesome great aunts and uncle gave him his Christmas gifts! His first Christmas gifts :)

After the kiddos opened we all gave our joint gift to Mammaw, a pretty picture of the Toomer's Oaks!


After everything at Mammaw's... me, Katherine, and Amy loaded up and headed to Walmart and Target for some black friday deals. We did pretty good and it was a lot of fun :)

Once again I am so thankful for all that the Lord has blessed me and my family with.

No comments:

Post a Comment