Wednesday, April 24, 2013

I'm a Christian.

I'm a Christian, shouldn't that be reason enough.

Let's get controversial up in here.
I feel that a lot of secular, unbiblical ideas and methods are seeping into the lives and hearts of Christians- especially young people.
I'm so tired of hearing about tolerance. It feels that we must accept everyone's views and beliefs- but we are constantly attacked about what we believe. I guess that goes along with being the salt and the light. It doesn't help that Christians are tiptoeing the line and even appearing completely wordly.

So, lets break it down.

I don't agree with same sex marriage, I believe in marriage between a man and a woman- because I'm a Christian.

I don't agree with abortion, I believe in the sanctity of life- because I'm a Christian.

I don't agree with divorce, I believe in fighting for your marriage that you pledged to before God- because I'm a Christian.

I don't agree with "the community should raise our children," I believe that our children belong to God but he has given them to parents to love, discipline, protect, and lead- because I'm a Christian.

I don't agree with the "do anything to get ahead" attitude, I believe we are called to do our best but also serve and love those around us- because I'm a Christian.

I don't agree with getting drunk, I believe we are to have a sound mind to make wise decisions and beware of the enemy- because I'm a Christian.

I don't agree with sex before marriage, I believe that God designed sex only for husband and wife- because I'm a Christian.

I don't agree with dressing immodestly, I believe God called women to help their "brothers" to not stumble- because I'm a Christian.

Nothing someone says is going to change what I believe- because I'm a Christian.

I will be the first to tell you that I'm not perfect. I'm a flawed, sinful person. There are days that I don't serve my husband well, or when I just want to sit and laugh and watch that dumb movie I shouldn't be watching. But I pray, oh I pray, for the Holy Spirit to convict me. Not just for the easy things, but for the hard things too.

So, stand firm. Don't tiptoe that line.

(As Christians we believe the Bible- all of it- to be true. So this is proof enough to me to believe like I do: Genesis 2:22-24, Psalm 139:13-16, Matthew 5:32, Proverbs 22:6, 2 Timothy 2:15, 1 Peter 5:8, Hebrews 13:4, Matthew 18:6-7)

2 comments: