Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Big 2-0.

Nope, not me. I turned the big 2-1 in May. Now it's my Matthews turn!

I was so happy he got to come celebrate and spend the weekend with me in Atlanta! He decided to start the weekend off great by surprising me and showing up like 4 hours early :) When he got here I welcomed him to "Birthday weekend" (a Thaxton favorite) and "Yay, we're engaged weekend!" Friday night we just wanted to chill so we cooked up some Poppy Seed Chicken and rented Leap Year. It was a nice relaxing night!
Of course Saturday came around and we were up for something fun and adventurous! And an adventure it was!! We decided to ride MARTA into town and go to eat at The Varsity. The MARTA ride was easy... exciting for Matthew- his first time on a train! haha


Well, the real adventure begins when we got off at the North Avenue Station. We get off and decided to ask a police officer where the Varsity is. He points and tells us its behind the huge AT&T building- alright easy enough... we head that way. After walking around in that killer heat for about 30 minutes and still having no clue of where it was we called my dad to point us in the right direction. Wow, the police man had pointed us in the opposite direction... it was like two short blocks from where we got off MARTA. We decided we were thankful for a fun adventure anyways!! But by the time we got there we were starving. It was a first time for the both of us... that place was huge... "What'll ya have?!?"


We did later venture off to Ikea for another adventure. That place was nuts!! They heard you in and around like cattle basically! ha We hit up a new fast food Chinese restaurant for dinner- hoping it would out do Pandas... yeah right :( The rest of the night we spent planning... WEDDING planning!! Fun!

So Sunday was Matthew's birthday. Ever since we had seen Holeman and Finch on the Food Network on Chef vs. City we have been wanting to go eat there! Well the cool thing they do is at 10 oclock everynight they make 24 double cheeseburgers. That's it for the day... just 24. (Except thankfully their website let us know that you can get them at Sunday brunch- perfect!) I decided this was perfect for Matthew's birthday because he LOVES burgers. Well we both ordered "The Burger" with pickles, ketchup, and mustard on the side. The cool thing about these burgers are the bun, pickles, ketchup and mustard are all home made there! I don't even like pickles but I tried them and they were the best pickles I've ever tried! ha Matthew also got their special lemonade... the waiter told us that they put lemon zest in the sugar- it was really yum!


Ahh, we chilled for the rest of the afternoon. I tried on my new Under Armour shoes... which inspired the picture below haha. I'm just so proud of them :) Matthew opened his present... which really just consisted of just a grill brush... but that was to go along with the grill I bought him and was waiting for him in his apartment in Auburn! Surprise!!! Then Matthew was off back to Auburn :( That goodbye part is just SO hard! Happy Birthday Love!

1 comment: